Sunday, December 10, 2017

Hospital Visit Nov 25th.

Salt is one of the major contributors to the fluid buildup in his body and all of the wonderful Thanksgiving food we had was hard on Mikes system.

We knew this visit was coming. we could tell he had been filling with fluid but we were hoping he could wait until Monday when we could get the parenthesis done at a clinic and not the Hospital.
we play this game: how many liters are they getting out this time. I guessed 4 the nurse guessed 3 Mike guessed 5 and the Dr guessed 4.5.They pulled 4 liters out of his abdomen this time.   I won!!

You know you spend too much time in the ER when the Nurses know who you are and give you hugs when they see you.  the nurses are wonderful and the hospital we go to and I am grateful that we have gotten to know the wonderful Nurses and Drs that are helping us through this crazy life we are living.

 The Dr looked at Mikes totals and told us that with Mikes numbers he thinks Mike only has a few months left to live if he doesn't get a Liver! Talk about scaring us! We left the hospital in a daze rather than feeling better due to the help he received. 

The next day was a very emotional day.  I couldn't stop crying! all of the wonderful people around us were amazing and very supportive.

We have a Dr appointment with the U of U clinic on Thursday so we will know more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The little things

          It is amazing what a $5 set of press-on nails can do for you. I bought myself and my daughter press on nails the day before thanks...