Mike went to the ER twice this week. The first time we Christmas night, we got done with all the festivities of the day and were relaxing (well I was relaxing) Mike's abdomen was very full and uncomfortable he was pretty miserable, he decided he needed to get drained so we headed off to the Hospital.
You can tell you spend too much time somewhere when you walk in and they know who you are and remember your name. When the nurse came in she remembered Mike and after asking what the issue was she went straight to the Doc. He came in and because he only had 10 minutes left of his shift he didn't want to start the procedure and then hand it off to the new Dr. We have been so blessed to have such wonderful staff at the Dr, it makes going there and being there so much better. I am so grateful for the Dr's and nurses that are away from their family on holidays and weekends so we can go to the hospital to get the help he needs.
The new Dr came and put in the Catheter, hooked him up to the vacuum bottles and had to leave to see other patients. The nurse kept us company changing the bottles when needed. They took 4 liters from his abdomen this time.
The second visit was on Wednesday, I was sick and Mike promised me that I could stay in bed and he would take care of the house and the kids. Mike and the boys were leaving to run some errands when Ryan came in, he told Mallory to leave and then told me Mike had fallen down the outside stairs at our house and he thought he broke is arm and ribs. I hurried out the door to find him crying at the door. I helped him in the house he was sitting on the stairs. I ran in to change and get my stuff so we could leave.
I went into Mallory's room, she was having an anxiety attack. I spent a few minutes calming her down. This is one of her biggest fears that Mike will fall and hurt himself. We talked for a few minutes, she was mad the boys weren't right there by his side. She is always there at his side to watch him and help him. She is so sweet and worried about her dad.
The nurses joked with Mike that he was there for something besides his Liver! Thankfully he didn't have any broken bones but he was so MAD because it hurt so much. The Dr. said sometimes bruised ribs and sprained arms hurt worse then broken bones. I am grateful there was no broken bones but my heart hurts for Mike he is in a lot of pain.
My sweet Hubby needs to live in a BUBBLE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The little things
It is amazing what a $5 set of press-on nails can do for you. I bought myself and my daughter press on nails the day before thanks...
-
I think I am ready to try to tell our story! It is been very overwhelming and has taken awhile to process. but here we go...... June 3rd J...
-
The Lord works in Mysterious ways. I GOT A JOB! I lost my job back in Sept 2017. I cant say I'm sad to lose the job, i didn'...
-
Mike had his TIPS procedure done on April 5th 2018. We went up to the University of Utah to the Interventional Radiology department to ...
Wow, those falls can be tough! I hope 2018 brings you guys some better times.
ReplyDelete