I have what I call WONDERWOMAN or SUPERGIRL moments. I have always been insecure, self conscious, and anxious, so growing up and even now I have always played the comparison game. Their house is cleaner then mine, they are pretty, skinner then me, you get the idea. When i got married I was going to be one of those perfect people!
About a year ago I had one of those Ah Ha moments where it hits you, I can't be like those other women because we aren't living the same lives! They don't have Fibromyalgia, they don't have a sick husband, they aren't the soul income for the family, etc. n My house is never going to be spotless, I am not a size 2, and sometimes I have laundry exploding everywhere.
I decided there were things in my life I had to let go of so I didn't live my life in a negative place because I wasn't that perfect person.
(A little back story. Mike's ex-wife loves Wonder Woman everyone said she was wonder woman because she was a single mom blah blah blah. I didn't even want to see the new Wonder Woman movie, I didn't want to picture her in that movie...... I know silly right!)
I finally went and saw the Movie and it changed my life, my perspective on Wonder Woman. I realized I am more Wonder Woman then she will ever be!!!! Just like the things i listed above as a negative they became different in my eyes. Yes I have Fibromyalgia, Yes I have a sick Husband, but those things make me who I am.
My Wonder Woman or Supergirl moments are days where I get the house cleaned before I crash, or when I have a job interview while my husband is in the hospital and as much as I don't want to go I go because I need a job to support my family. There are days when I am in so much pain that getting out of bed is a fight but I get up and I go to work, the Hospital, or even get up long enough to make dinner for the kids.
I am not like other women, and they are not LIKE me. this has been one of the most freeing things that I have learned. Don't get me wrong there are days that I see them doing things that I cant and it is hard for a moment and then I remind myself that I am a Super Hero and I feel better. I have Wonder Woman and Supergirl Stickers that I put in my planner on days my Super Hero days!
No comments:
Post a Comment